Reading

Reading 馃挮

Do you think reading is important? Why? 

  • Yes, because it helps us to think, write, tell stories, and learn new things 

Would you like to read books in English? 

  • No, because it would be difficult for me so I prefer to read in Spanish or not to read


These were some answers I received from students from my “escuela de pr谩ctica” and I could understand them. I couldn't express my feelings when I heard that. That situation reminds me of when I was in high school. 

Before I learned English reading in Spanish or reading in English was very difficult, because my teachers from my high school gave us books that were not interesting, books of more than 350 pages, and in the case of English the teacher gave us a lot of readings with a level of English higher than ours and for me it provoked me to hate reading. 

I don't want to lie, but until today reading is difficult. However, starting to read articles, some books, news, etc in English has helped me to write, expand my vocabulary, learn grammar without realizing it, and improve my listening comprehension. 

As a future teacher, I would like to involve my students in reading in a different way than my old teacher did. Thanks to reading, we can create new worlds and see different perspectives about the world that we haven't seen before. Reading is important in all aspects not only for literature, we read unconsciously in our daily life.









Comentarios

Entradas populares